Register
Memberlist    Usergroups    Profile    Search   
The time now is Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:17 pm     •     FAQ FAQ   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in
Watford Clique Only - Asylum Seeking Coonts Keep Out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Watford Darkside Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
another_mrlizard
Darkside Supreme Galactico Cunt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Watford Clique Only - Asylum Seeking Coonts Keep Out Reply with quote

Which Watford pub do you miss the most?

For me, it would have to be the Artichoke

I only went in the Peel once and I don't recall ever going in the Mad George, to name but two

Also, which Watford pub do you reckon should be closed down next?

I'd have to go for the Estcourt Tavern - fucking dreadful place full of tossers

(fuck each and every one of you right up the arse)
Cpl_Jones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ever attempted to gain access to the Artichoke once. After a gruelling trip back from Bournemouth away, Godfrey and I (before he went mad) decided to round off the day with a foaming flagon of Ingerlish ale in said hostelry. Godfrey, being a replica shirt fetishist, was sporting a discreet little WFC number, I was in mufti.

As we stepped over the threshold, a large West Indian gentleman stepped out and said, “No shirts”. A few pleasantries were exchanged, I won’t bore you with detail but the outcome was Godfrey and I moving on to a pub that did not discriminate against the wearing of its home team’s polyester. As we shuffled away, I hurled a gypsy curse in its direction and a few months later…up went the boards.

As I said a few days ago, I miss the Mad George. Decent beer (most of the time), a guv’nor who was passionate about twattery and a suitably louche and entertaining clientele, (drug dealers, single parents, village idiots, tattooed psychopaths etc).

I wish all the worst on O’Neill’s, I know it’s technically not a pub, but a hideous facsimile of Hollywood Oirishness; I would dance on its grave regardless.
Texas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Watford Clique Only - Asylum Seeking Coonts Keep Out Reply with quote

another_mrlizard wrote:
For me, it would have to be the Artichoke

I only went in the Peel once and I don't recall ever going in the Mad George, to name but two

Also, which Watford pub do you reckon should be closed down next?

I'd have to go for the Estcourt Tavern - fucking dreadful place full of tossers

The Artichoke is still there. Oh wait - I am thinking about the Croxley Green version.

What was that place opposite Clements called in its many disguises ?

Mirribeaus or some shit like that. I had some spectacular success cunt-hunting there. And didn't end up with a HIDEOUS DISEASE. Result.
Gymgirl
Basque Terrorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeking asylum? In Watford? Are you MAD?

Ah.... hang on
CALLYWINGER
A friend to all mushrooms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the Red and the Peel every single game. We only had two home pubs, and now both have gone.

Next to go? The human cess pitt known as The Moon Under Water.
Phil_Osopher

Location: On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the Game Bird (though the Fact Cunter will probably tell me that it was in fact, not in Watford)

My formative teenage years were mostly spent there - probably explains why I'm such a cunter
TheMissingLink
Darkside Super Cunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met my wife in the Game Bird. That probably explains a lot about the state of my marriage.
Texas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALLYWINGER wrote:
I miss the Red and the Peel every single game.

I miss the Red Lion even when there wasn't a game on. It was grubby-tastic. And they did do a fine pint of Guinness.

I don't miss The Swallows/The Highwayman though. Horrific place. I wonder where Hollywell's finest drink now ?
Lurk
Darkside Mega Cunt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fuck. I clicked the wrong bookmark. What a twat.
Cpl_Jones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holywell are pouffs! You want proper Ingerlish? Get yerself down to Oxhey on St George's Day and join in the traditional pursuits of brawling and the Treasure Hunt To Oblivion.

Oxhey is one of the few places I have been too that can compete with oop't'North for sheer unpleasantness.
WheresKev
Darkside Cunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has to be the Red Lion, for that essential 'I'm not quite pissed enough to watch Watford' chaser at 2.55..

I would also wish fire, flood and pestulance on the top Estcourt and the Moon Under Water.
(i)
Darkside Mega Cunt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpl_Jones wrote:
Holywell are pouffs! You want proper Ingerlish? Get yerself down to Oxhey on St George's Day and join in the traditional pursuits of brawling and the Treasure Hunt To Oblivion.

Oxhey is one of the few places I have been too that can compete with oop't'North for sheer unpleasantness.

South Oxhey I hope you mean

I was brought up in the decent end, there was a reason they stuck a railway through the middle to keep the brawling hords out
ExpensiveCoatMan
Chief Cuntunstable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_Osopher wrote:
I miss the Game Bird (though the Fact Cunter will probably tell me that it was in fact, not in Watford)

My formative teenage years were mostly spent there - probably explains why I'm such a cunter

I once shagged a proto pop star in the car park of the game bird.

From memory Mirabeaus was where Yates is now. The one opposite Clements was the LEGENDARY Coachmakers Arms. I never went there, too young.

The Bell is the most disgusting pub in the TC..

Whatever happened to the Highwayman, is that still there....?
Cpl_Jones

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are right, Oxhey is different from South Oxhey but let there be no doubt...they are both filled with cunts.

Whilst S. Oxhey has its bone-headed morons, Oxhey "Village" (snigger) has its fair share of NIMBY cunts.

One Sunday, I thought I would pop into the the Villiers for a few. As usual myself and Mrs J decided to share the driving; I drove there, she would drive back. As I went to turn into Villiers Road, somecunt had put cones across the road with the sign reading "Access for locals only" or words to that effect. I didn't want to damage the car, so instead of driving over them, (my first thought), I jumped out and kicked them into the gutter, before continuing my journey.

I used to like the Villiers up to that point; I don't think I have been there since.
ExpensiveCoatMan
Chief Cuntunstable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpl_Jones wrote:
Well, you are right, Oxhey is different from South Oxhey but let there be no doubt...they are both filled with cunts.

Whilst S. Oxhey has its bone-headed morons, Oxhey "Village" (snigger) has its fair share of NIMBY cunts.

One Sunday, I thought I would pop into the the Villiers for a few. As usual myself and Mrs J decided to share the driving; I drove there, she would drive back. As I went to turn into Villiers Road, somecunt had put cones across the road with the sign reading "Access for locals only" or words to that effect. I didn't want to damage the car, so instead of driving over them, (my first thought), I jumped out and kicked them into the gutter, before continuing my journey.

I used to like the Villiers up to that point; I don't think I have been there since.

villiers is alright apart from the dullard cunts that drink there....the staff and the beer are good but it's full of cunts wwho think a description of their route from basingstoke to derby is
a profound missive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Watford Darkside Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: